Cosmosquare Films, an independent production company based in Yorkshire have recently filmed in Oulton a brand new docu-drama called ‘Hanging On’ which features the plight of the residents who have been literally hanging onto their homes whilst battling against private landlord Pemberstone Homes who want to redevelop the estate and evict the residents.
In some of the last remaining post-war prefabricated houses in the UK, residents of an ex coal mining village now at threat of eviction share their stories of community and family as they look to their future. ‘Hanging On’ combines artistic visuals of residents suspended in mid-air, literally hanging onto their homes, in this docu-drama about strength when people come together, and what it means to have a home.cosmospuarefilms.co.uk
Filming commenced last week and here are a few pictures of a very busy day filming:
Last week a meeting took place with the Leeds City Council which had a more positive response but they did rule out the possibility of buying the estate to refurbish the houses. The Group are still hoping a Housing Association will step in and do this.
There are more talks to be had as to how many social houses there will be on new build and as we no doubt more twists and turns to come
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Donate to their Just Giving page by visiting www.justgiving.com
• Add an objection in the LCC Planning Application Portal by visiting publicaccess.leeds.gov.uk/online-applications/with the reference number 17/06933/FU or simply click this link here
• Contact our MP, Alec Shelbrooke, his contact details can be found on www.alecshelbrooke.co.uk or write to him at the House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA.
• You can also contact the Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick or the Prime Minister Boris Johnson via social media or again by post.
• Follow the groups social media groups @SaveOurHomesLS26 on both Facebook and Twitter and share/re-tweet their posts.
• Visit the groups website www.saveourhomesls26.org to keep up to date with the groups latest news.